True Nature Belize Eco-Healing Retreat
Yoga • Meditation • Healing • Nature
More Information Coming Soon
Return to your True Nature on a 6-day journey with yoga therapist, Yael Flusberg & spiritual intuitive, Amanda Rieger Green. While nestled in the powerful and mystical land of the ancient Mayas in the Belize jungle, you will return to a genuine and simple way of being using yoga, meditation, breathwork, shamanic journeying, energetic healing, journaling, and observation of the land itself.
Chaa Creek sits on a private 400-acre nature reserve along the banks of the Macal River in the foothills of the Maya Mountains. This unique eco-healing retreat and Mayan rainforest emersion with Yael & Amanda will offer you space to tap into your innate wisdom and make life-long connections with a new tribe!
- Lodge in the Macal River Camp Casitas, eco style (disconnected from Wi-Fi, solar-powered with environmentally friendly bathrooms & showers)
- Delight in the food from the 30-acre Maya Organic, sustainable farm
- Enjoy the 400-acre Chaa Creek Rainforest Reserve
- Practice yoga & meditation twice daily (am & pm), Yin, Vinyasa & Hatha (all levels)
- Participate in group healing workshops & exercises designed to revitalize your True Nature
- Experience 2 evening shamanic ceremonies (opening & closing)
- Experience guided tours of the Chaa Creek Natural History Centre & Butterfly Exhibit
- Visit the ancient Mayan ruins and pyramid of Xunantunich
- Explore a Mayan ceremonial cave by canoe and swim in waterfalls afterwards
- Hike the Ruta Maya Medicinal Plant Trail
- Go river tubing and canoeing
- Trek on a morning Bird Walk with Naturalist Guides
- Experience a guided interpretive tour of our Rainforest Medicine Trail that connects onto the path to the Macal River Camp.
“I kicked off 2016 by attending my first yoga retreat. I went alone. Intending to “get away from it all,” I instead moved closer to what required change outside of paradise. The retreat’s format and facilitation equipped me with the awareness, tools, and community to Quit the Dumb Shit (a great line from this poem). Led by the gifted and gracious Yael, my nervous system experienced a complete reset.
Lulled to sleep by the ocean’s waves, eating well without the work, luxuriating in the beautiful surroundings; it was easier to breathe deeply. Absent demands and distractions, the simple modalities of writing, conversation, and standup paddle-boarding prepared me for the year’s challenges. The retreat was a major turning point and its impact lasted all year, so in February 2017, I returned for another round to sow seeds for the year ahead.”
— Parker T. —
What’s included in your package:
- 6 days, 5 Nights at the Macal River Eco Camp of Chaa Creek (shared occupancy casitas with private verandas; shared sustainable showers and bathrooms on campsite)
- Locally sourced breakfast & dinner
- Transportation to/from Belize City International Airport
- Morning & evening yoga and meditation /6 Day True Nature Healing Curriculum
- Guided Trip to Xunantunich Mayan Ruins
- Lazing by the infinity pool at Chaa Creek
- Everything listed above in “what we will do”
“Yael has mastered her gift of developing, combining, and sharing practices that yield true inner peace. The combination of intentional yoga practice, meditation, reiki, exercises of gratitude and reciprocity, time in nature, contemplation, writing, and the deep exchanges I had with others on this retreat was refreshing, nourishing, and deeply calming for my nervous system.
It comes as no surprise to anyone who has taken even one class with Yael that her compassionate and generous wisdom attracts a magnificent group of deep thinkers and feelers who live very intentionally and consciously. To be able to spend a whole weekend with Yael and gifted individuals who care deeply about our world was such a treat and quite healing, and to get to do all that while on a lovely property with absolutely incredible food was simply awesome!”
— CF —
Optional activities/amenities at an additional cost:
- Chaa Creek Hilltop Spa
- Poolside dining (lunch and snacks)
- Mariposa restaurant (lunch and snacks)
- Horseback riding
What’s not included in the package price:
- Airfare to Belize City International Airport
- 4 lunches/snacks (budget $8-14 USD per lunch and a little extra for snacks)
- Alcoholic Beverages and gift items