Belize Rainforest Healing Retreat
Retreat • Heal • Renew
November 7th-13th 2019
$1895 or early bird discount of $1750 when you register before July 31
To reserve your spot, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required upon registration. After receiving your registration and deposit, we’ll send you a welcome letter with follow up information.
“The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness. It’s not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge is free. It’s encoded in your DNA. All you need is within you. Great teachers have said that from the beginning. Find your heart, and you will find your way.”
— Carlos Barrios, Mayan elder
There are moments when we need to shed our regular routines and take a hero’s journey to discover what our hearts hold sacred, and how to imbue our lives with the meaning and satisfaction that emerges from that knowledge. Join yoga therapist Yael Flusberg & spiritual intuitive Amanda Rieger Green as they hold sacred and safe space for you on this week-long journey, nestled in the mystical Belize rainforest, the heart of the ancient Maya.
Chaa Creek is an award-winning 400-acre nature reserve along the banks of the Macal River in the foothills of the Maya Mountains. This unique eco-healing retreat and Mayan rainforest immersion will offer you space to tap into your innate wisdom, make life-long connections, and engage in sustainable tourism. Part of your retreat fee supports local community and environmental initiatives.
“I kicked off 2016 by attending my first yoga retreat. I went alone. Intending to “get away from it all,” I instead moved closer to what required change outside of paradise. The retreat’s format and facilitation equipped me with the awareness, tools, and community to Quit the Dumb Shit (a great line from this poem). Led by the gifted and gracious Yael, my nervous system experienced a complete reset.
Lulled to sleep by the ocean’s waves, eating well without the work, luxuriating in the beautiful surroundings; it was easier to breathe deeply. Absent demands and distractions, the simple modalities of writing, conversation, and standup paddle-boarding prepared me for the year’s challenges. The retreat was a major turning point and its impact lasted all year, so in February 2017, I returned for another round to sow seeds for the year ahead.”
— Parker T.
- 7 days, 6 Nights at the Macal River Eco Camp of Chaa Creek (shared occupancy no-electricity casitas with private verandas; shared solar-powered hot showers and bathrooms on campsite; WiFi access in the main lodge area, a 15-minute walk through a beautiful and thigh-strengthening rainforest trail.)
- Locally sourced Belizean homestyle breakfast & dinner (pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan and dietary restrictions can be accommodated)
- Transportation to/from Belize City International Airport (we’ll let you know when you should book your arrival and departure times to coordinate with other retreat participants)
- Healing Curriculum, which encompasses daily yoga, mindfulness, and spiritual development circles led by Amanda and Yael (these include participants’ favorite: learning more about your personal astrology and numerology), as well as three special workshops by renowned healer Dr. Rosita Arvigo. (These will include Maya Spiritual Bathing to gently cleanse the aura and balance the chakras; Forest Bathing, a mindfulness practice that uses all five senses and reaches into our sixth, intuitive, sense; and learning about common medicinal plants of the Americas in Rosita’s home garden.)
- Lazing by the infinity pool at Chaa Creek
- Miles of trails inside the 400-acre Chaa Creek Rainforest Reserve, including the Ruta Maya Rainforest Medicinal Trail
- On-site activities such as Chaa Creek Natural History Centre & Butterfly Exhibit, canoeing along the Macal River or morning birdwatching walks with a naturalist guide
- Group guided trip to nearby Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins – known as “the jewel of the jungle”
“Yael has mastered her gift of developing, combining, and sharing practices that yield true inner peace. The combination of intentional yoga practice, meditation, reiki, exercises of gratitude and reciprocity, time in nature, contemplation, writing, and the deep exchanges I had with others on this retreat was refreshing, nourishing, and deeply calming for my nervous system.
It comes as no surprise to anyone who has taken even one class with Yael that her compassionate and generous wisdom attracts a magnificent group of deep thinkers and feelers who live very intentionally and consciously. To be able to spend a whole weekend with Yael and gifted individuals who care deeply about our world was such a treat and quite healing, and to get to do all that while on a lovely property with absolutely incredible food was simply awesome!”
Optional activities/amenities at an additional cost:
- Chaa Creek Hilltop Spa
- Poolside dining (lunch and snacks)
- Mariposa restaurant (lunch and snacks)
- Horseback riding
What’s not included in the package price:
- Airfare to Belize City International Airport
- Lunches/snacks/alcoholic beverages (budget $10-14 USD per lunch)
- Staff gratuities